Tips you must know to protect your precious Silver jewellery
The jewellery coated with silver are prone to develop stains and scratches. You must avoid keeping the silver jewellery in plastic bags to protect them. Instead have a look on some of the tips to maintain your silver jewellery:
- Don’t make use of any chemical to clean your silver jewellery. Instead make use of soft and dry cloth to remove any dirt.
- The silver jewellery that you buy from a store has a protective lacquering which may wither away if you polish it again.
- Avoid wrapping your jewellery in plastic bags as it promotes the process of tarnishing by gathering moisture from the atmosphere.
- Do not keep the jewellery in scorching heat under any circumstances. The jewellery is maintained best even at the room temperature. You can make use of a butter paper or soft white cloth to store it in a clean and dry place.
Are you ready for some DIY quick hacks?
- You must be astonished to know that toothpastes have the capability to remove the tarnish from the silver jewellery. Just apply a small amount of toothpaste over the silver object and keep it under the water. Rub it and make foam that will remove the stubborn stains and dirt from the obscure parts. Just make use of soft-bristled toothbrush to safely remove the dirt.
- You must be having salt and vinegar at your home. Just make use of tea spoon of salt and mix it with white vinegar. Apply the mixture over the jewellery softly and you will see your lustrous metal returning to its originality.
- In case yours silver jewellery is affected by some stubborn tarnish. Sprinkle soda over it and experience the wonder.
Maintenance requires an extra effort and persistent care. Just follow the above-mentioned simple tips to protect your silver jewellery from tarnishing away.